If you keep the faith, if you keep pressing, if you heed God's voice and trust Him, there will come a time when you realize that no one and nothing can hurt you or hinder you. That's the mark of a Big Girl in Christ--to know that you know that you cannot fail in Christ, and though you might go through the fire, you will not die. Instead, you will come out as pure gold.
That's praiseworthy news on this Praise Him Friday.
But you don't have to take my word for it. Read Revelations 3:7-13,
7 “To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write:
These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. 8 I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. 9 I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you. 10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.
11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name. 13 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
Allow the teacher in me to point out a few things:
1. You can walk confidently and without fear because God has opened a door for you that no one can shut. He has also closed a door that no one can open. In other words, you can walk into your destiny being sure that you have made the right choices. (v.7-8)
2. You don't have to be strong all of the time. As long as you keep God's Word and proclaim His name (never deny Him), God will honor that and reward you for it. (v.8-9)
3. You don't have to worry about liars and connivers in your life. God will take care of them. He will even make them bow down to you and declare that you love the Lord. Their day will come. Trust. (v.9)
4. You will be rewarded for your patience and endurance. The trials that others will face in the end, you will not have to endure. God will keep you from harm. (v.10)
5. You have a crown -- an anointing, a royal position, a sure place in God's Kingdom. There are people in the world who will try to snatch it off of your head, so hold on to it. Tightly! (v.11)
6. You will reside in God's temple forever, just remain steadfast in His Word and keep your eye on the prize. (v.12)
So don't allow distractions or detractors to intimidate you from God's promises. The Enemy and the people he uses to harm you are just distractions. If you resist and rebuke them, they will flee from you, giving you a direct path into your royal position.
Hold your head up high, ladies, hold on to your crown, and hold up God's name.
Can I get an amen?